Completed mail-in ballots can be dropped off at the Chester County Government Services Center 7 days/week, 24 hours per day.
Ten drop boxes for ballots will be placed at public libraries beginning October 13. Hours of operation: M-F 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sat/Sun from 10 AM to 2 PM. The locations include Avon Grove, Chester County (Exton), Coatesville, Downingtown, Easttown, Honey Brook, Kennett, Parkesburg, Phoenixville, and Spring City. An additional 24/7 ballot drop box location will be available at the West Chester Government Services Center. Click here for a map.
Can I drop off a family member or neighbor’s ballot?
No. Each voter must drop off their own ballot.
Will the drop boxes be secure?
All Ballot Drop Boxes will be staffed and secured while in operation. Drop boxes will be taken back to West Chester each night by employees with body cameras.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR BALLOT
When you receive your mail ballot, it will arrive with both a smaller secrecy envelope and a larger return envelope. Every mail ballot must be filled out correctly and sent back to your local county elections office in these two envelopes.
Please follow these easy steps — if they are not followed, your ballot will NOT be counted:
- Fill out your ballot with a blue or black pen.
- Seal your ballot in the secrecy envelope. You must use the secrecy envelope in order for your ballot to count.
- Put the secrecy envelope containing the ballot into the larger return envelope. The return envelope has the address of your county elections office on one side.
- Complete and sign the voter declaration on the back of the return envelope in order for your ballot to count.
- Return your ballot — by mail, in person at your county elections office, or other official drop-off location.