In 2016, “I didn’t vote” won by a landslide. In fact, 40 percent of eligible voters did not vote. Thank you for taking the time to participate in our democracy.
How do I register to vote in Chester County?
There are four ways to register to vote – online, mailing a paper application to Chester County Voter Services, or in person at Chester County Voter Services, and at PennDOT and some other government agencies.
How can I check my voter registration status?
You can find the voter registration status form on the Pennsylvania Department of State website.
Do I ever need to update my voter registration?
If you are registering online the deadline is October 19, 2020 by midnight.
If you are submitting a paper application, Voter Services must receive your ballot on October 19, 2020 by 5:00 PM. Postmarks do not apply.
Where can I go to register to vote?
- Chester County Voter Services, 601 Westtown Rd, Suite 150, West Chester, PA 19380-0990
- This year, Voter Services has added two satellite election offices (Chester Springs & Oxford) to assist voters in obtaining their ballots and the safe and expedited return of ballots.
1) Henrietta Hankin Library – 215 Windgate Dr., Chester Springs, PA 19425. The Henrietta Hankin Library Satellite Election Office Hours:
- Monday – 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
- Tuesday – 9:30 AM-8:00 PM
- Wednesday – 9:30 AM-5:00 PM
- Thursday – 9:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday – 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday – 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Sunday – Closed
2) Oxford Public Library – 48 S. 2nd St., Oxford, PA 19363. The Oxford Public Library Satellite Election Office Hours:
- Monday – 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Tuesday – 1:00PM-8:00PM
- Wednesday – 10:00AM-5:00PM
- Thursday – 1:00PM-8:00PM
- Friday – 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Saturday – 9:00AM-1:00PM
- Sunday – Closed
How do I know if my voter registration application was accepted? If your registration is accepted, you will get a voter registration card in the mail. The voter registration card will show your name, address, party affiliation, and the address where you will vote. If you do not receive your registration card in 14 days, please contact Voter Services.