The Chester County Commissioners and the Chester County Health Department held a press conference to update the public on the coronavirus. Click here to view.
Governor Wolf today announced mitigation efforts expanding to Chester and Bucks counties beginning tomorrow, March 15.
Montgomery, Delaware, Bucks, and Chester Counties:
- Essential services will be available: police, fire and emergency medical services, and essential services for vulnerable populations.
- A no visitor policy has been implemented for correctional facilities and nursing homes and will be evaluated for other facilities.
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, and gas stations will remain open. The administration issued guidance for non-essential businesses during county-specific mitigation periods to protect employees, customers, and suppliers and limit the spread of the virus through personal contact and surfaces.
- Freedom of travel will remain, but the governor and his administration ask all people to refrain from non-essential travel.
- Governor Wolf has announced that all K-12 Pennsylvania schools will be closed for 10 business days effective Monday, March 16. Read more.